You may have heard of Antioxidants, but do you know that they are beneficial on our skin? Do you know their benefits and what they can do? If not, then we will provide you with that information on this blog.
Antioxidants are substances that can protect you from free radicals. If the body cannot remove free radicals from our body, it may cause oxidative stress which is not good for our skin because it will accelerate the aging process.
Factors that may increase free radical production are smoking, pollution, stress, and UV rays.
So, what are the benefits of antioxidants on our skin?
- Lighten skin tone
- Prevent sunburn
- Fights the sign of aging
- It can help acne-prone skin
- Helps skin repair itself
Amazing isn’t it? Now let us take a look at what antioxidants are best for our skin
- The most common type and loved by many. Most people buy this in the form of serum and include it in their daily skincare routine.
- Retinol is the most common type of Vitamin A that is found in skincare products. You may use it without a doctor's prescription, unlike other retinoids.
- Also known as Niacinamide, which helps to improve skin texture and tone. It is known for not causing any adverse reaction which makes it the best ingredient for people who have sensitive skin.
Green tea Extract
- Which is rich in polyphenols that improve immunity, fight free radicals, and anti-inflammatory. You can buy skincare products with green tea extract or you may take 2 cups of green tea per day.
- One of the most powerful antioxidant and can easily be absorbed by the skin. It also promotes collagen production.
- It is recognized for its ability to accelerate the skin's healing process. You may find it mostly in moisturizers, lotions, and creams.
- This ingredient helps has an anti-aging property. Can found naturally in berries, grapes, and red wine. It is said that products containing this ingredient are best used at night since UV exposure can hamper its effectiveness.
Now that you already know the benefits of antioxidants on your skin and the best type for your skin, do your skincare products have these ingredients? Check them now and protect your skin!