Since we're talking a lot about our skin, like how to take good care of it and the best tips to keep it healthy and youthful. Let's have a break on those topics and take a look at some fascinating facts about our skin.
Since skin is the largest organ in our body that covers our muscles, organs, and bones we gather different facts about it that you may not know yet.
1. Your skin renews itself every 28 days
2. Changes in your skin means a change in your overall health
3. 15% of your body weight is because of your skin
4. Your skin constantly sheds dead cells, about 30,000 to 40,000 cells every minute! That’s nearly 9 lbs. per year!
5. Your skin could weigh more than 20 pounds!
6. When your skin has been laid flat it is equivalent to 2 square meters
7. Your Tattoo stays because of cells called Macrophages
8. Your skin has 3 distinct layers- epidermis, dermis & hypodermis
9. Your skin color is caused by melanin which also protects our skin from UV rays
10. Caffeine, Alcohol, & Nicotine can constrict your blood vessels and prevents the nutrients from feeding the skin which can cause a faster skin age process.
11. Not removing your makeup before sleeping can age your skin up to 7 times faster than normal.
12. Your skin plays an important role in regulating your body temperature.
Fantastic isn't it? Our skin is truly amazing that's why it deserves to be taken good care of! Make sure to protect and keep your skin healthy.