The use of false eyelashes generally does not apply mascara, which looks like the legs of a fly, a little superfluous. This is definitely a personal preference! It isn't necessary to apply mascara to the false lashes, but it can help to blend them nicely with one's real lashes. Don't use a lot of mascara, since it can mess up the curl and shape of the false lashes, just a tiny bit will suffice. Sometimes it can actually make them look worse, depending on the particular lash, and what it is made out of. Human hair lashes and thick synthetic lashes usually retain their shape and can handle a light coat upon application. Here are the do’s and don’ts if you will opt-in using mascara on with falsies.
Mascara with False Eyelashes Do’s:
- It is recommended that you apply one thin coat of mascara to your natural lashes before applying false eyelashes. This allows the falsies to easily stick to your natural lashes and provides a more natural, seamless blend.
- Once you have applied your false lashes, apply mascara to your lower, natural lashes as you normally would to complete your look and add extra definition for a wide-eyed effect. Alternatively, you can wear under lashes.
- Always make sure to wait for the mascara to fully dry before applying your lashes on top, getting mascara directly on the false lashes lessens their life span and also, wet, smudged mascara is not a good look, nobody wants panda eyes!
Mascara with False Eyelashes Don’ts:
- Waterproof mascara is made to stay on all day, and difficult to remove. You really have to rub hard on the false lashes to remove any residue. This can damage your false eyelashes and unable to wear them again.
- Heavy mascara. Never apply thick mascara to your false lashes as this too can be difficult to remove. It may make your lashes look clumpy, therefore not able to achieve the look you want
There you have it! If you were wondering if you had to wave goodbye to your mascara wand in favour of falsies, or vice versa, there’s no need to do either, if used in the correct manner you can continue to apply both lashes and mascara for added impact! For additional knowledge if you love false eyelashes you can try these new magnetic eyelashes, for sure we swear this will make your life way easier! If any chance you would like to try using magnetic lashes you can check the product here: Arishine Magnetic Eyeliner and Lashes Kit and tell us what you think about it. Follow these helpful tips to greatly improve your makeup experience.