Sometimes it's confusing in what order should we apply our skincare products. If we ask some of our friends what do they apply first they have different answers, making it more confusing and making you question yourself if you're doing it right.
If you're still confused or just want to check if you're applying your favorite skincare products in the right order then this blog is for you.
1. Cleanser - AM & PM
- The general rule of thumb is to remove your makeup and cleanse your face before applying your skincare products. Don't skip this process! Choose the best cleanser for your type of skin.
- It is best to use a toner after you wash your face so that it can clear the dirt and oil that were left behind after washing your face. This will ensure that the products that you will apply will be absorbed properly by your skin.
3. Serums - AM & PM
- The holy grail on every skincare routine right now! Serums are concentrated nutrients, hydrators, and antioxidants that are really good for your skin after you apply them. It's a good option in leveling up your skincare routine.
- This can help you to lighten your acne scars, age spots, sun spots, and other dark marks on your skin. The application depends on how severe is the spot that you want to lighten.
- If you don't have any dark spots then you may skip this step.
- You need this if you're 20 years and older. Its important to gently moisturize the skin around your eye. By applying it every day and night you will reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It is important to apply your moisturizer twice a day, every day! This will help to infuse your skin with hydration but also helps trap the products underneath it to make the ingredients even more effective. And remember, even if you have oily skin you still need a moisturizer.
Sunscreen - AM only
- The absolute bare minimum SPF you need is 30 to protect your skin from harmful ultraviolet rays. Even if you're not going outside you still need to apply this during the day
- This is essential in reducing fine lines and wrinkles. It's a synthetic form of Vitamin A and it works to help skin cells regenerate quicker. That's why it is best to apply before you sleep.